Five Things Your Dentist Wants You to Know About Routine Dental Examinations
- Posted on: Sep 15 2019
Routine dental examinations should occur every six months, according to the American Dental Association. However, not everyone visits their dentist on a regular basis for proactive dental care. Below are five things that your dentist at Ridgeview Family Dental would want you to know about recall visits.
- Maintaining dental health between appointments is easy. Maintaining good oral health is not nearly as daunting as it may seem. Most patients will find that if they brush twice a day, floss once a day, and enjoy a healthy diet, they are able to keep their smile beautiful and healthy for longer. The visits at the dental office help professionals evaluate the oral health of a patient and ensure problems are not developing.
- Dental problems don’t go away on their own. When it comes to pain and discomfort, the only way to find relief is to visit with the dentist. Large cavities require fillings, infected teeth may require root canal therapy, and impacted wisdom teeth require surgical removal. Avoiding the dentist will only allow the problem to get worse and can impact one’s overall health and quality of life.
- Visit the dentist if you are experiencing persistent bad breath. Conditions such as periodontal disease may cause patients to experience bad breath, or halitosis, that does not improve with increased brushing and flossing. This may be an indication that a bigger problem is to blame that often requires dental services.
- Treatment of periodontal disease is essential. When gum disease develops, it can only be improved with the help of a dentist. Patients who have this condition should catch it early enough for successful intervention from our staff. Leaving periodontal disease untreated can impact not only oral health, but overall health and wellness, due to the fact the bacteria can transfer through the bloodstream.
- Routine oral cancer screenings. Cancer can be a scary diagnosis, but if caught early, most patients are able to make a full recovery. During routine dental visits, an oral cancer screening can be performed to ensure there are no visible issues at hand.
Schedule your next evaluation with the team at Ridgeview Family Dental
With two convenient locations in the areas of Oak Grove, Warrensburg, and Windsor, MO, our team can assist with your dental needs. Contact the practice at (660) 747-9117 to schedule a cleaning and examination. Our team is excited to invite new families to our facility.