Cavity Treatment In Warrensburg And Oak Grove, MO
The Importance of Treating Cavities
At Ridgeview Family Dental, our Missouri dentists, Dr. R. Mckell Young and Dr. Jason Kingsolver offers comprehensive cavity treatments to help restore the health and function of your teeth. Cavity treatments repair and restore a tooth that has been damaged by dental decay. Dental decay, also known as dental caries or cavities, is caused by bacteria in the mouth that produce acids that eat away at the tooth enamel. If left untreated, dental decay can lead to serious dental problems, such as toothaches, infections, and even tooth loss.
Discover the Benefits of Cavity Treatment
Cavity treatment can provide several benefits for your dental health and overall well-being, including:
- Pain relief: Cavities can cause toothaches and sensitivity, and treating them can alleviate the discomfort and pain.
- Prevention of further damage: If left untreated, cavities can progress and cause more extensive damage to your teeth, leading to more complicated and expensive dental procedures in the future.Treating cavities early can prevent the decay from spreading and causing more significant issues.
- Improved oral health: By filling the cavity, you can protect the tooth from further decay and improve your overall oral health. This can also help prevent other dental issues such as gum disease, tooth loss, and bad breath.
- Enhanced appearance: If your cavity is visible when you smile or speak, filling it can improve the tooth’s appearance, giving you a more attractive smile.
- Long-term cost savings: Treating cavities promptly can help you avoid more extensive and costly dental work in the future. The cost of cavity treatment is typically much lower than the cost of more complicated procedures such as root canals or tooth extractions.
Treating Cavities With Dental Fillings
When you undergo cavity treatment, your Missouri dentist will first numb the area around the tooth to be treated to ensure that you feel no pain during the procedure. Then, using a drill or laser, he will remove the decayed portion of the tooth.
Once the decay is removed, the cavity will be thoroughly cleaned to remove any debris or bacteria. Your dentist will then fill the cavity with a composite, tooth-colored resin. Finally, the filling will be polished to ensure that it is smooth and matches your smile perfectly. Cavity treatment is a relatively straightforward procedure that can be completed in one visit to Ridgeview Family Dental.
Frequently Asked Questions
The duration of the cavity treatment procedure varies depending on the extent of the decay and the type of filling material used. In most cases, the procedure can be completed in a single dental visit.
The lifespan of a filling depends on several factors, including the type of material used, the size and location of the cavity, and your oral hygiene habits. In general, fillings can last anywhere from five to fifteen years or more with proper care.
Your dentist may advise you to avoid eating or drinking for a short period after the procedure, depending on the type of filling material used. In most cases, you can resume your normal eating and drinking habits within a few hours after the procedure.
You can prevent cavities by practicing good oral hygiene habits, including brushing twice a day, flossing daily, and visiting your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings. Additionally, you can reduce your risk of cavities by limiting sugary and acidic foods and drinks, and by using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash.
Enhance Your Oral Health Today!
Looking for quality cavity treatment in Missouri? Look no further than Ridgeview Family Dental! Our experienced dentists are committed to providing you with the best possible care to keep your teeth healthy and strong. Our state-of-the-art equipment and facilities ensure that you receive the highest quality treatment in a comfortable and welcoming environment. If you’re looking for reliable cavity treatment in Missouri, contact Ridgeview Family Dental by giving us a call at (660) 747-9117 or by completing an online form to schedule your appointment! Our dentists are proud to enhance the smiles of Missouri patients in Warrensburg, Oak Grove, Grain Valley, Odessa, Bates City, and the surrounding areas.